Baths as healing power
- People have known for a long time that baths have a beneficial effect on health and beauty. Water with its natural ingredients and, above all, minerals, was and is, also for the reasons mentioned above, the elixir of life. Alkaline baths look back on a long tradition. In more recent times one speaks of balneotherapy or bath therapy and medicinal baths. There are thermal, sulphur, iodine baths, salt flats, mineral healing springs, mud, silt, moor and fango packs and baths etc. offered for recovery and healing. With seawater baths as with brine, sea, Thalasso and thermal baths you can achieve special healing successes. The Dead Sea offers a special kind of sea water, where many people go for salt baths and where you can swim on top of the water by yourself without having to do anything, so intense is the salt concentration there, with special effects on skin and body. Other baths are seaside baths or North Sea spas, which have a slightly alkaline quality with pH values of 7.5 to 8. You don't necessarily have to travel to all these places, beautiful as it is, to enjoy the spas, but that you can also use the natural ingredients of these places to practice them at home, with special baths in the bathtub.
- Are excess acids absorbed and produced in the body as a result of poor nutrition, an excess of acid-forming foods from animal proteins, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, coffee, alcohol, sugar, sweeteners, too little sport and exercise, smoking, environmental influences and stress, and sufficient acids are also missing minerals, this can lead to acute, chronic hyperacidity. The liver, kidneys and skin can be impaired in their important functions of neutralizing and excreting acids.
- The intracellular acidification that takes place within the cell can reduce the performance of the cell and the cell organelles. Physical problems and illnesses can result. The extracellular acidification occurs in the body fluids and the lymph, so that not enough nutrients can be transported into the cell.
- If the body becomes overly acidic, this can be an acute, temporary phenomenon, or if the body's buffer systems, base stores and reserves are gradually used up, it can also lead to chronic overacidification with all the health problems that follow.
- Exhaustion, tiredness, lack of concentration, listlessness, exhaustion, headaches, stress, depression, irritability, mood swings, migraines, osteoporosis, joint problems, lumbago, diabetes, gout, rheumatism, dementia, Alzheimer's, gallstones, kidney stones, allergies, overweight, anorexia, muscle tension, Asthma, arteriosclerosis, cardiovascular problems, circulatory disorders, susceptibility to infections, weakening of the immune system, inflammation, tumors, pain, tinnitus, cysts, ulcers, deterioration in vision, heartburn, digestive problems, cellulite, weak connective tissue, brittle fingernails, hair - and tooth loss, tendon, ligament and capsule tears, acne, wrinkles, neurodermatitis, eczema, skin impurities, varicose veins, skin aging, dryness and an uncomfortable feeling of tightness of the skin, itching, fungal infections, body odor, hair loss etc. can be typical signs of hyperacidity.
- The skin is the body's largest detoxification organ and a linchpin and storage area for more aggressive substances in the organism. The basic environment in the water stimulates the elimination of acids in a special way and causes excess acids to be released from the body in a particularly intensive and rapid manner. Acids are increasingly stored in the connective tissue, also in the connective tissue of the skin. When bathing, the skin pores are opened. The difference in concentration of alkaline water outside the skin cells and acids inside the cells means that the acids are naturally conducted out of the cells. They reach the surface of the skin, pass into the alkaline water and are neutralized. For these reasons, alkaline baths are so well suited for "purging" and for improving the body fluids and the cell environment. The skin benefits especially from alkaline baths. Excess acids are drained from and through the skin, deposits are broken down. In addition, the skin is moisturized and itchy. In alkaline baths, the sebaceous glands produce the body's own skin fat. With acid-based cosmetics, with acidic preservatives and alcohols, e.g. with almost all creams and emulsions, the sebaceous glands do not work in this way. That is why too much fat is then often fed from the outside to the self-regulating organ of the skin via cosmetic products. The skin gets used to it and then keeps asking for fat from the outside. Good basic cosmetics prevent this unfavorable mechanism and ensure a younger and more vital appearance of the skin.
- Bathing in alkaline baths is particularly effective. This is because acids that cannot be metabolized normally because they are too aggressive accumulate in the layers of the skin, with an acidic pH. The alkaline bathing water offers a counterpoint with an alkaline pH value. This creates an osmotic pressure that balances out the difference between the pH values of the skin and the bath water. This creates a suction effect that pulls the excess acids out of the skin. This works particularly well with a pH value of 8.5 to 9. If the acids from the skin meet the bases in the bathing water, they are neutralized and rendered harmless.
- However, alkaline baths not only lead to the fact that acids are discharged from the body into the bathing water, but also that substances from the bathing water are better and more easily absorbed by the organism. The technical term for this is the so-called transdermal diffusion, which proceeds more strongly, the more acidic or, in this case, more alkaline the water is. An acidic or basic environment makes water more reactive with the body. At a neutral pH of 7, much less or nothing happens in this direction, similar to how a blunt knife cannot penetrate the skin. The more acidic or basic water becomes, the easier it is for substances to be channeled from the water into the body.
- This is a property of alkaline baths that receives far too little attention. This can lead to disadvantages if the composition of the basic water is too one-sided, ie the basic water contains mainly or exclusively sodium salts. Then only sodium is transferred into the body. With more frequent baths in such one-sided compositions, important substances can be gradually washed out of the body and displaced. The body and nature usually function in balances that arise and are either beneficial or have deficits. Sodium is in competition with its antagonists potassium, magnesium and calcium. If too much sodium is ingested, the other three bulk elements are gradually replaced by sodium and deficits in these important bulk elements arise. This applies to many substances, but especially and sensitively to all minerals and trace elements, which are always in balance with each other and do not tolerate one-sidedness.
- For this reason, alkaline baths should not consist of one-sided compositions, but of the widest possible spectrum of well-balanced ingredients present in optimal equilibrium. This gives the body an optimal range of substances / tools, which it can then optimally store or absorb and use to create beneficial balances.
- In addition, you can neutralize acids very well with alkaline baths. However, there are many other harmful substances and toxins in the body that require a much more complex set of instruments so that they can be rendered harmless and released from the organism. This happens above all through a corresponding enrichment of the organism with their antagonists and via a successful transdermal diffusion, which in good alkaline baths is at least as important a tool as the alkaline property and optimally combine both, the alkaline and the transdermal mechanisms of action.
If you want to learn more about alkaline baths and La Vague. Feel free to contact us.