Terms and conditions and customer information
General terms and conditions and customer information
- General terms and conditions of business
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts that you conclude with us as a provider (Lüder Strahmann) via the website https://www.la-vague-wellness.com/collections/all. Unless otherwise agreed, the inclusion of any terms and conditions you may have used is objected to.
(2) A consumer within the meaning of the following regulations is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot predominantly be attributed to either their commercial or their independent professional activity. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of their independent professional or commercial activity.§2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods.
Our offers on the Internet are non-binding and do not constitute a binding offer to conclude a contract.
(2) You can submit a binding purchase offer (order) via the online shopping cart system.
The goods intended for purchase are placed in the “shopping cart”. You can use the corresponding button in the navigation bar to access the “shopping cart” and make changes there at any time. After clicking the "Checkout" or "Continue to order" button (or similar name) and entering your personal data as well as the payment and shipping conditions, the order details will be displayed to you as an order overview.
Before sending the order, you have the opportunity to check the information in the order overview again, change it (also using the "back" function of the Internet browser) or cancel the order.
By submitting the order using the corresponding button ("order with payment", "buy" / "buy now", "order with payment" or similar term) you are making a binding offer to us.
You will first receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your order, which does not yet lead to the conclusion of the contract.
(3) The acceptance of the offer (and thus the conclusion of the contract) takes place within 2 days by confirmation in text form (e.g. email), in which the execution of the order or delivery of the goods is confirmed to you (order confirmation). If you have not received a corresponding message, you are no longer bound to your order. In this case, any services already provided will be refunded immediately.
(4) The processing of the order and the transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is partly automated by email. You must therefore ensure that the email address you provide to us is correct, that receipt of emails is technically ensured and, in particular, that it is not prevented by SPAM filters.
§3 Right of retention, retention of title
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship. (2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price has been paid in full.
(3) If you are an entrepreneur, the following also applies:
- a) We reserve ownership of the goods until all claims from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. Pledging or transfer of security is not permitted before ownership of the reserved goods is transferred.
- b) You can resell the goods in the ordinary course of business. In this case, you assign to us all claims in the amount of the invoice amount that arise from the resale and we accept the assignment. You are still authorized to collect the claim. However, if you do not properly meet your payment obligations, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
- c) If the reserved goods are combined or mixed, we acquire co-ownership of the new item in the ratio of the invoice value of the reserved goods to the other processed items at the time of processing.
- d) We undertake to release the securities to which we are entitled at your request to the extent that the realizable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
(1) The statutory liability rights for defects apply.
(2) As a consumer, you are asked to check the goods immediately upon delivery for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage and to report any complaints to us and the freight forwarder as quickly as possible. If you do not comply with this, this will have no effect on your statutory warranty claims.
(3) If a feature of the goods deviates from the objective requirements, the deviation is only considered agreed if you were informed of the same by us before the contract declaration was made and the deviation was expressly and separately agreed between the contracting parties.
(4) If you are an entrepreneur, the following warranty provisions apply:
- a) Only our own information and the manufacturer's product description are deemed to be agreed as to the quality of the goods, but not other advertising, public praise and statements made by the manufacturer.
- b) In the event of defects, we will, at our discretion, provide warranty through repair or subsequent delivery. If the defect cannot be remedied, you can either request a reduction in price or withdraw from the contract. The remedy of the defect is deemed to have failed after an unsuccessful second attempt, unless the nature of the goods or the defect or other circumstances indicate otherwise. In the event of repair, we do not have to bear the increased costs that arise from moving the goods to a location other than the place of performance if the delivery does not correspond to the intended use of the goods.
- c) The warranty period is one year from delivery of the goods. The shortening of the deadline does not apply:
- for culpably caused damages attributable to us resulting from injury to life, body or health and other damages caused intentionally or through gross negligence;
- if we fraudulently concealed the defect or assumed a guarantee for the quality of the item; - for items that were used for a building in accordance with their normal use and caused its defects;
- in the event of legal recourse claims that you have against us in connection with defect rights.
§ 5 Choice of law
(1) German law applies. For consumers, this choice of law only applies to the extent that the protection granted by mandatory provisions of the law of the consumer's country of habitual residence is not withdrawn (principle of favourability).
(2) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods expressly do not apply.
- Customer information
- Identity of the seller
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), which can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/odr .
- Information on the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps to conclude the contract, the conclusion of the contract itself and the correction options are carried out in accordance with the provisions "Conclusion of the contract" of our General Terms and Conditions (Part I.).
- Contract language, contract text storage
3.1. The contract language is German.
3.2. We do not save the complete contract text. Before sending the order via the online shopping cart system, the contract data can be printed out or saved electronically using the browser's print function. After we receive the order, the order data, the legally required information for distance selling contracts and the general terms and conditions will be sent to you again by email.
- Essential characteristics of the product or service
The essential characteristics of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective offer.
- Prices and payment methods
5.1. The prices listed in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs represent total prices. They include all price components including all applicable taxes.
5.2. The shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. They can be accessed via a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer, are shown separately during the ordering process and are to be borne by you additionally, unless free shipping has been guaranteed.
5.3. The payment methods available to you are shown under a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer.
5.4. Unless otherwise stated for the individual payment methods, the payment claims arising from the concluded contract are due for payment immediately.
- delivery terms
6.1. The delivery conditions, the delivery date and any existing delivery restrictions can be found under a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer.
6.2. If you are a consumer, it is regulated by law that the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the
The item sold during shipment is only transferred to you when the goods are handed over to you, regardless of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured. This does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company not named by the entrepreneur or another person designated to carry out the shipment.
If you are an entrepreneur, delivery and dispatch are at your risk.
- Statutory liability law for defects
Liability for defects is based on the “Warranty” regulation in our General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
These general terms and conditions and customer information were created by the dealer association's lawyers who specialize in IT law and are constantly checked for legal compliance. Merchant Association Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and is liable in the event of warnings. Further information can be found at: https://www.haendlerbund.de/de/dienste/rechtssicherheit/agb service .
last updated: November 29, 2022